Employment Opportunities with Emergency Physicians Monthly
Position: Career Center Sales Manager
Become a part of solving today’s doctor shortage by helping hospitals find their ideal physician candidates. Emergency Physicians Monthly is seeking an advertising specialist to manage its career center, working with hospital clients around the nation to place recruitment ads in print and a variety of digital products.
The ideal candidate:
- Loves building relationships. In this job you’ll have the opportunity to meet people from around the country who are struggling to staff their hospitals. You’ll talk with them on the phone regularly in order to understand their needs. The right candidate will be energized by the idea of making connections and forming meaningful relationships with clients over phone, email and in person.
- Has experience in sales. Medical/publishing sales not required, but a successful candidate will be comfortable closing a sale on a deadline.
- Will be familiar with the world of digital media. Between social media, native content and ad re-targeting, publishing is changing every day. The ideal candidate will be excited at the prospect of staying abreast of these changes and finding creative ways to grow revenue through new digital opportunities.
- Is detail-oriented. At any given time, hundreds of client advertisements will be on the Sales Manager’s dashboard. They will be in charge of seeing these sales from beginning to completion and must be able to work under pressure to meet print/digital deadlines.
- Has a strong personal work ethic. At EPM you’ll work with great autonomy so it is critical that you have the ability to make personal goals and hold to deadlines. You will not be micro-managed.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- 3 years related work experience in advertising and sales
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Increase advertising revenues in all media, including magazine print advertising, online job board, email sponsorship and event sponsorship.
- Assist department with planning, forecasting and budgeting for revenue.
- Expand and enhance the EPM customer base.
- Establish clear goals that align the Career Center with the company’s overall goals.
- Oversee, schedule and update all job postings via print, email and EPM’s online job portal
- Answer customer inquires and problems, such as ad space, material extension and price quote inquiries
- Prepare and organize materials for ad client meetings
- Run and compile industry and internal sales and revenue reports
TO APPLY, SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO [email protected]
About Emergency Physicians Monthly
For nearly 25 years, Emergency Physicians Monthly (EPM) has been the independent voice in emergency medicine. The only magazine of its kind founded and edited by practicing emergency physicians, EPM is the insider’s guide to everything related to the emergency department. Helmed by world renowned educator Judith Tintinalli and Mark Plaster, author of Night Shift, EPM reaches about 30,000 emergency physicians each month and enjoys the highest request rate in the industry. EPM’s editorial ranges from clinical updates to policy debates to exclusive op/eds from industry leaders.
About EPM Careers
Emergency medicine is experiencing a physician shortage, and EPM is the leading publisher of emergency medicine job opportunities. Hundreds of hospitals and contract management groups connect with prospective doctors through EPM’s print and online classifieds.
In the world of ubiquitous Craig’s List-style online job boards, Emergency Physicians Monthly represents a personalized, all-in-one experience for hospitals seeking physicians. When a hospital is in desperate need of a candidate, they know they can call EPM and talk to a career advertising specialist, who will walk them through their options. At EPM, the job search is personal.